The Cost of Moving Forward

Deciding what path to take when you’re in the midst of infertility is sort of like walking into a casino, and pouring $20,000 (or more) into one of four or five slot machines and hoping you picked the right one.

All of the choices are expensive.

All of the choices are a huge gamble.

All of the choices entail you and your partner being evaluated, questioned, and put under a microscope. Sometimes literally.

All of the choices can lead to heartbreak, disappointment, and loss.

All of the choices involve a leap of faith.

I am proud, terrified, ecstatic, nervous, and hopefully announcing that we are leaping.

When we get back from our cross country trip and find jobs, we will be pursuing domestic infant adoption.

Cross your fingers and hold on tight, because you know you are all coming along for the ride.

Source: google.com via Jenn on Pinterest

This entry was posted in adoption, family, growing up and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to The Cost of Moving Forward

1. Wishing you the best of luck on this next phase of your journey!
    Melissa (Alienbody) recently posted..A Call for Help – My Blog Needs YouMy Profile

2. I am SOSO happy for you two!! I know I don’t comment often, but I’m a faithful reader and will follow your adoption story EAGERLY! It will be a roller-coaster, I know, but so WORTH IT in the end :)

3. Abby says:

How awesome! I’m looking forward to watching this story unfold… and continue unfolding!

4. This is an exciting new development! I’m cheering you guys on so loud my neighbors might call the cops!!!
    Jen Has A Pen recently posted..FlickerMy Profile

5. Molly W. says:

Wishing you all the luck in the world! We decided to pursue adoption as well after almost 4 years of infertility & ended up conceiving our miracle (who’s now 6 months old) while saving up.

6. Amelia Burke says:

Oh that is SO exciting!!! I’ll be praying, crossing my fingers, toes, and hair for you!! I hope more than anything that you get the child of your dreams!!!

7. Ginny Marie says:

Best of luck as you begin this new journey together! What an exciting future is in store for you both!
    Ginny Marie recently posted..Family Matters {Spin Cycle}My Profile

8. Jen says:

What fabulous news. It will be a wonderful experience Jenn, you both are going to be great parents. I’m so excited for you!!
    Jen recently posted..Wordless Wednesday- Oh darn!My Profile

9. Sarah (Smldada) says:

Exciting news chica! So excited for you :-)

10. So exciting and tons of other emotions at the same time!! Lots of prayers for the journey!! :) xoxo
    Taylor @ Goings on in Texas recently posted..Sunday SocialMy Profile

11. Sarah says:

I just got chills reading this! So exciting :)

12. Jenny says:

So excited for you Jenn! What a huge undertaking! Any child would be lucky to have you as a mom. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Jenny recently posted..Why I Dislike Orange Fanta and ChorizoMy Profile

13. Awwww. I’ll be a reference but I don’t know if they’d take me seriously since we only met once. But I feel like I know yall for real! “I met them online, and I love their writing. My son and I met them on a blind date at Rita’s and minutes after leaving my son said, “I miss them already.” They will make really wonderful parents!”
    Kenya G. Johnson recently posted..And on the 7th day, we did not rest…My Profile

14. Tricia says:

Jenn, I am so very excited for you! I wish you all the best, of course! And can’t wait to go along on this ride with you.
    Tricia recently posted..I am a MomMy Profile

15. Becky says:

I got goosebumps reading this. Certainly I am no one to tell you what your path should be, but I have a (strong) hunch that this is a great one for you and hubby. Enjoy your trip (and I wish you were coming anywhere near me, sad you’re not) and know good things are waiting for you when you settle back down :) Very excited for you all!
    Becky recently posted..Slaves and KettlecornMy Profile